Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blog Post #6

Two things I learned from this class: PAST. We covered the left turning tendencies associated with multi-engine aircraft quite a bit. I thought the differences in a failed right engine compared to a failed left engine were very interesting.  I'm glad we have counter rotating props on our Seminole. 
Another thing I learned was Vmc and the importance of maintaining directional control in a multi-engine aircraft.  This can be the difference between a safe landing or another type of landing that we don't want to discuss. 
I would definitely change the time of the class. 8:00 am is WAY too early.  Anytime before noon is a bad time for me.  I feel like I could have learned more and been more attentive if I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn.  Although, it is nice to get it out of the way and have the rest of the day to nap.
I liked covering the systems a bit more.  They've always made the most sense to me.  I'm thinking I should give up on flying and just be a mechanic......or not. I also liked the group work.  Discussing with other students is a lot more fun that sitting through lectures and I feel like it helps me learn more.
Like I said, I really didn't enjoy the time that the class was held at.  Other than that there wasn't much that was awful.  Tests are never fun but those are unavoidable. 
The blogging part wasn't bad but I don't think it was really necessary.  I liked the things we needed to blog about but don't know if creating a blog was needed.  We could have just posted in a discussion board on angel or something.  Blogging to me seems a bit more casual which is nice but still not fully necessary. 

1 comment:

  1. I would agree I don't want to talk about any type of landings that are not safe!

    ReplyDelete